Monday, January 14, 2008
back to work
Happy New Year! We enjoyed a long break of doing absolutely nothing, and now we are back to the grind - trying to make progress and still have a place to live at the end of the day.
The next big project will be the kitchen. Before we can start installing new cabinets we need to:
- knock plaster off all the walls where we will be exposing brick
- clean and seal said exposed brick walls
- prepare and paint the ceiling
- finish demo'ing the old bathroom/ build and finish walls for new pantry
- plumb in/ install new utility sink so I have something to wash dishes in until the new sink's in
- rip up all wood flooring on the main floor and lay down new OSB
- make 1,000 decisions about cabinetry and countertops - we have the main cabinets nailed down ( white shaker-style base cabinets with open wood shelves above) but haven't picked the countertops yet (choices: boring laminate or super expensive)
I'm sure this list is missing some things, but you get the picture.