Sunday, January 4, 2009

new year, new bedroom (almost)

Images from the new bedroom - old lights, new floor. After searching the internet high and low, I realized the vintage gold-stardust lights originally in our living room are better than anything I could buy. We bought new $5 fixtures (the part that actually connects to the electrical in the ceiling), attached the old shades and called it good.

Josh the electrician / plumber / drywaller / taper / painter. What can I say? He's extraordinary and he's all mine. Without him, this remodel would have been impossible. Hmmm, I'm not so sure thats a compliment.


A few months back, this was a completely unfinished space - no heat, no insulation, no electricity, no walls. When you're putting down finished floor that means you're getting close, right?

I was really, really hoping to have a bedroom for christmas. Now I'm hoping for a bedroom by February. At some point you'd think I would catch on to this remodel stuff - everything takes more time and more money than you estimate. Still need to sand and finish floors, trim out the space, hang a door, and figure out what we're going to do with the exterior door. Oh, and buy a bed and design / install a closet system, all those things that make a space livable.

Hope everyone had a restful holiday. Hoping for good things to come from 2009!

No comments: