Thursday, March 19, 2009

before and afters, nightstand


I had a tiny budget to finish out our bedroom. Luckily I found these little guys at the thrift store. They met all of my requirements: they had to have drawers, a small footprint, simple mid-century lines, and mostly be dirt cheap. I thought the walnut veneer was pretty, put there was too much damage so we had to paint. After settling on a pale, pale blue, I prepped and sanded and then Josh sprayed them at the shop. I even got all Martha on us and lined them with some silver faux-boix wrapping paper (by Ms. Stewart, of course.)


Also, a sneak peek on our closet-in-progress:

4 comments:

DawnMarie said...

Great revamp of the end tables. I was wondering about your closet. We live in an older home with very few closets and the ones we do have are tiny. Is this closet handmade or was it bought somewhere? I really like it and it appears it would hold so much.

coral said...

Thanks, DawnMarie
The closet setup is handmade. We made it from white melamine shelving - four boxes stacked together and sitting on a base. IKEA has some nice pre-fabbed closet kits, but since we got the melamine for free, this was the cheaper option for us.

DawnMarie said...

Thank you so much for the information. Cheap and free is always a good thing when swaying me in a project. Keep up the great work. I am new to your blog and look forward to your projects with the house. Great job so far.

Jessica said...

Those dressers look fabulous...