Wednesday, February 9, 2011

{ anatomy of a bathroom } tile

We're tiling the floor of our upstairs bathroom. The bathroom I had *hoped* would be done while I was still pregnant so I didn't have to run downstairs in the middle of the night. Now Alice is 5 months old and being up in the middle of the night is old hat.

I like tiling. It's actually one of my favorite projects. There's a natural rhythm to work. Scrape out the mortar, lay some tiles, space them out, check occasionally to make sure the grid is still straight. Place a bunch of whole tiles at once, then some cut work, then back to whole tiles. It's satisfying. And at the end of the day there's a lot to look at, a big plus.


I usually gravitate toward neutrals so that I don't feel locked into a color palette, but this green was just too pretty. It is called Mr. Green Jeans, a medium leafy green with a lot of yellow in it and I love it.


No comments: